Play the Drums is a 68-page book that comes with a data disc containing MP3 audio tracks and MP4 videos. The book is designed for beginners, and is laid out in an easy-to-read, user-friendly way. It presents a new approach to learning the drumset for beginners, containing grooves, fills, reading concepts and core rhythms in simple and clearly organized format. The book contains four units covering quarter-note, eighth-note, sixteenth-note, and triplet grooves, fills and reading exercises. Each unit is broken into the following sections:
• Play: Basic , core drum set beats
• Coordination: Beats to help you to learn to coordinate your limbs to play the drum set.
• Reading: Exercises to help you learn to read basic drum music.
• Theory: Explanations the various note and rest values and other concepts needed to understand music.
• Fun: Put it all together and play some fun beats and fills!
• Extra Practice: Slightly more advanced exercises to challenge you.
This package also includes:
• 62 MP4 videos of the author demonstrating various examples from the book.
• 30 original MP3 play along tracks to get you playing music right away!
This book has everything you need to get you playing the drums with real-world beats and fills as quickly as possible. Author Felipe Drago has road-tested all the material with large numbers of students in his teaching studio, the WizDom Drumshed in London, England—the first such franchise of Dom Famularo’s teaching studio franchise in the UK. The book’s foreword is written by Wizdom Media co-founders Dom Famularo and Joe Bergamini.